Learn The Pros And Cons Of Latex Paint
Latex paint is used when walls or ceilings are heavily used. The wall paint with many useful properties is not only particularly hard-wearing but also robust against moisture. The advantages and disadvantages of latex paint, how you paint with it, and which rooms it is particularly suitable for.
Latex paint: what is it?
Latex paint is available in a wide variety of variations from matt to high-gloss. It is a special subgroup of emulsion paints. These are among the most common interior paints that are used for painting walls. They get their properties for easy processing mainly from plastic binders. In latex paints, on the other hand, the binder latex was used in the past, which is what gave the paint its name. Since the production of latex from the sap of the rubber tree is very complex, the binding agent has now also been replaced by cheaper synthetic resins. But the name has stayed the same. Because despite the changed ingredients, latex paint has retained its special properties. Latex paint is particularly resistant, even to heavy use. In addition, it is abrasion-resistant and very good water-repellent, which makes it ideal for the hallway, the bathroom, the kitchen, or that Paint stairwell. Nevertheless, it is diffusible, so it allows the wall to “breathe” and thus ensures a pleasant atmosphere indoor climate. You can easily use latex paint in white tinting colors design in the most varied of nuances exactly in your desired shade. It is also suitable for almost any surface from concrete to plaster and wallpaper, approximately Fiberglass wallpaper, up to Plasterboard.
The advantages and disadvantages of latex paint
Would you like to give your wall a fresh coat of paint with interior paint and are still unsure whether you should use emulsion paint or latex paint? Read here whether the latter is suitable for your project:
The benefits of latex paint
- Latex paint is very hard-wearing, abrasion-resistant, and elastic and is therefore particularly suitable for heavily used wall surfaces and ceilings, for example, a concrete ceiling in the stairwell and hallway.
- As a real alternative to tiles in the bathroom and washroom, the paint is characterized by its water-repellent properties. Not even water vapor can harm the latex paint and it still remains air-permeable, so the wall can breathe.
- Due to the special composition, you can also apply the latex paint very thinly, which is a real advantage, especially when painting textured wallpaper or rough plaster. But before you do that you need high-quality equipment, visit https://bestoftrim.com/ for more details. They have tips about the highest quality paintbrush in the market.
The disadvantages of latex paint
- A major disadvantage is that you cannot simply paint over them with normal emulsion paint. Because the shinier the color, the more difficult it will be to remove it again. To do this, the entire wall surface must be sanded down evenly.
- When buying wall paint, pay attention to quality, as there are big differences when it comes to opacity.
Good to know: If you only live in your house or apartment to rent, you should definitely discuss a coating with latex paint with the landlord in advance – especially if it is glossy paint that is difficult to remove without leaving any residue. Also, a look into the tenancy law can be helpful in avoiding arguments with your landlord.