US News Publishes List of Top Ten States for Equitable Higher Level Education
Historically, U.S. governments have made conscious efforts to provide equitable education for everyone by narrowing the education gap between racial groups. To find out how state governments have succeeded in achieving the smallest gap in educational attainment among racial groups, the states’ individual racial education gaps are compared against the current national gap of 28.3%.
For such purposes, U.S. News published a list of the top 10 States with the Best Education Equality by Race, with each state showing a low education equality gap when compared against the national gap of 28.3%.
A negative rate denotes that more members of the state’s minority groups have achieved a higher level of education than their non-Hispanic white counterparts.
The top ten states with the lowest education gap between racial groups are the following:
1. West Virginia – This state took the Number 1 spot for recording the highest negative racial education gap of -12%.
2. Maine -Negative Racial education Gap is – 8.9%. Maine also has the second best employment gap on a nationwide level.
3. New Hampshire – Negative Racial Education Gap is – 8.1%. New Hampshire also has the lowest income gap by race in the country.
4. Kentucky – Racial education gap is 3%
5. Vermont – Racial education gap is 11%. In terms of having a narrow income and employment gaps by gender, Vermont ranks first on a national level.
6. Washington – Racial education gap is 11.7%
7. Indiana – Racial education gap is 14.6%
8. Michigan – Racial education gap is 16.1%
9. Missouri – Racial education gap is 16.5%
10. Tennessee-Racial education gap is 20.3%