Applying for Driver’s License
Provisional Driving License With an Accompanying Person
You can apply for your “provisional driving license with a companion” from the age of 17 and after you have passed the theory exam. Or you can ask tow truck san jose for assistance. The provisional driving license is valid for 36 months.
How to Apply?
- You will receive an application form in the examination center if you have passed the theory exam.
- Choose a maximum of 2 escorts who both meet the conditions to guide prospective drivers.
- Apply for your provisional driving license from your city council. Take the application form with you, along with a recent passport photo and your identity card.
- Conditions for the supervisor (s)
- The accompanying person must be registered in Belgium and must be the holder and bearer of an identity document issued in Belgium.
- The accompanying person has a Belgian or European driving license for at least 8 years which is valid for driving the type of vehicle for which he is accompanying the student.
- If the companion has a disability and is therefore only allowed to drive an adapted vehicle, he may only accompany students who need the same vehicle modification.
- The supervisor may not be relieved from his right to steer in the past 3 years. A lapse of the right to steer is imposed by the court and may be linked to recovery exams and investigations.
- The supervisor has not accompanied any other student driver in the past year. Unless it concerns your children, grandchildren, sisters, brothers, or foster children. Or that of the partner with whom you are married or legally living together.
Good to know
- You may only practice with one or both escorts or with a licensed driving instructor. You may not take other passengers with you.
- Your vehicle must have a second rearview mirror for your companion.
- Driving lessons at a driving school are not mandatory.
If you would like to register a second supervisor or change supervisors, go to your local council.